National Lottery Funded & European Social Fund, Building Better Opportunities Shropshire.
Support for job seekers 19+
Whitchurch Community Services Association (Beechtree) supports participants with the skills they need to get into volunteering and/or employment. We offer:
- One-to-one support – helping to set up email, register on recruitment websites and explore opportunities.
- Support workshops – to build personal confidence/self-esteem, develop communication skills and address barriers to getting into work.
- Social inclusion and volunteering opportunities – gardening and Walking for Health/work experience to improve social and communication skills and development of daily routines.
- CV writing workshops and skills analysis.
- Liaison with employers to support people in work.
- Mock interviews – to help overcome phobias and anxieties and prepare for effective interviews.
- Job searching and application support – access to laptops and completing job applications with support.
- Weekly job club session to share experience and tips with peers and undertake training with support.
- Signposting/referring to external training and support programmes.
Our programmes are shaped around the needs of individual participants and can focus on gaining skills, boosting confidence and increasing motivation.
We cover Whitchurch and surrounding area of North Shropshire, including Prees and Tilstock. To be eligible you must be 19+, on active benefits and not in paid work or economically inactive.
To find out more please contact our Employability Officer, Debbie Spiers on 01948 258220 or email email@example.com