(National Lottery Funded & European Social Fund)
Building Better Opportunities Shropshire.
Help for job seekers at Beechtree Community Centre
Whitchurch Community Services Association (Beechtree) supports participants with the skills they need to get into volunteering and/or employment.
- One to one support –helping individuals to set up email and register on recruitment websites:
- Support workshops – to build personal confidence / self-esteem, develop communication skills and address personal barriers to employability:
- Social inclusion and volunteering opportunities – Gardening and Walking for Health / Work experience to improve social and communication skills, plus development of daily routines;
- Advocacy with employers – liaison with local employers: CV writing – support to develop CV’s uploading these to Gov website.
- Mock interviews – to help overcome phobias and anxieties, and prepare individuals for interviews;
- Job searching and application support – access to laptops and completing job applications with support.
- Outreach support addressing rural isolation – access to IT help for those that have transport problems.
- The programme delivered can be shaped around the needs of individual participants and can focus on gaining skills, boosting confidence and increasing motivation.
This service covers: Whitchurch and surrounding area of North Shropshire, including Prees and Tilstock localities. Contact our Employability Officer Tom Nielsen Telephone 01948 666612 or email firstname.lastname@example.org