The new number from 12 July 2021 is 075977 13257. Please call between 10am and 3pm Mondays to Thursdays for bookings. Please leave a message at times when the centre is unstaffed and we will get back to you.
Nigel led our first socially distanced walk on Wednesday 19 August with a 3-mile walk out to Belton and back via Alkington Road. There was some rain but there were no dramas and it was all very manageable. Peter was the back marker and everyone was glad to be out in the Shropshire countryside again. We hope that the short walks will be back soon. Please note that the new meeting point is at the back of the Civic Centre in the car park and that the centre toilets are now open.
IT volunteers wanted
We are looking for volunteers who would be willing to support the local community with IT issues with their mobile phones, laptops, cameras, tablets and Ipads. You certainly don’t need to be specialised in the IT field, but have good general knowledge, with a willingness to support and make a difference to the lives of others.
Benefits for you –
- Flexibly volunteering as and when
- If required – enhance your CV
- All out of pocket expenses with be refunded
- Feel valued and part of a team
- Gain confidence and self-esteem
- Using your professional skills and knowledge to benefit other
- Meeting new people and making new friends
- Chance to socialise
- Getting to know the local community
- Best of all a free drink whilst you are here from our Café
Gilda – Digital Inclusion Officer